<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The moving cat sheds, and, having shed, moves on.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bdum-tish! 

You hear an Eric Clapton guitar solo, and you think, "Ah! That's Eric Clapton!"
You hear Roger McGuinn doing his thing, and you think, "Good ol' Rodge!"
Along comes George Harrison, and you're mumbling, "Mm, there's George. Fab!"
Oh, look, here's Jimmy Page now! Fantastic!

And so on. All these guitarists - and many more, of course - have a very distinct style, and I can pick out Clapton, McGuinn, Harrison, Page, etc, with ease. But tapping along behind them invariably is a drummer, and I'm jiggered if I know who's who - they all just sound like drummers to me. In fact, I can only definitely identify one drummer by his sound, and that's Ringo Starr; I have, therefore, filed all rock drummers into two categories: Ringo and Not Ringo. Here's the list:

Ringo
Ringo Starr

Not Ringo
everyone else

Pretty simple, eh?

Of course, then there's one Johnny Khalsi. Google him if you don't know who he is. He's not Ringo, but he doesn't fit the other group, either. Hmm...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?